Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Do They Let Anyone in Here?

I was shocked, confused and bewildered as I entered Heaven's door,

not by the beauty of it all, by the lights or it decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven that made me sputter and gasp,

the thieves, the gays, the sinners, alcholics and trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade who swiped my lunch money twice!

Next to him was my old neighbor who never said anythng nice.

Herb, who I always thought was rotting away in Hell,

was sitting pretty on Cloud Nine looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus...what's the deal? I'd like to hear your take.

How did all these sinners get up here? God must have made a mistake!

And why is everyone so quiet and somber? Give me a clue.

Hush child, He said, they are all in shock...no one thought they would see you!

Author Unknown
From the Book: A Renegade's Guide to God by David Foster

1 comment:

mariaann said...

That's Good! A humbling moment for sure.