Monday, June 07, 2010

A Heroes Con Overview


Hey gang,

The first stop in the Unknown God tour is now behind me.
I started the trip out on a dubious note by having my laptop die on me the first night on the road. But truth be told, it was a 10 year old Compaq who had served both me, my wife and my daughter faithfully...so I think you could say it just died of old age.
Our first stop, Heroes Con in Charlotte, was wonderful on a couple levels. First of all I got a chance to reacquaint with a lot of old friends in the comic industry (Brian Stelfreeze, Gary Fredrich and Bernard Chang to name a few). Secondly, I was pleasantly surprised by how many of my Facebook friends stopped by to say hello (and pick up a copy of Eye Witness).
The show was a bit slow on Friday and Sunday, but Saturday had a pretty strong turnout...as you can see from the pics I've included in this post.
This show is defined by it's old-school style in that it is a comic convention that actually still focuses on comics and comic creators. There was many, many talented creators and their indy creations on hand, but at shows like this...when I'm on my own...I just didn't get much of a chance to visit many tables. But I must say if you want to relish in all things comic related, I'd add this convention to your schedule next year!
Coming up next....Philadelphia Comic con
R. J. Luedke

No comments: